Saturday, April 29, 2006

Here they come to save the day!!!




I was a bit lucky with todays picture. Vaguely having decided on what I would take for the day I saw a mounted police ride down the street, stopping cartraffic in different directions. I knew that would mean that the royal guards would come riding!

"klippeti-kloppeti-klappeti" from the horses hoofs hitting the asphalt road.
The royal guard is, of course, confined to guard the royal family. But just like the royal guards in Britain and other countries it´s purpose today is merely a symbolic one and mainly for tourists.
They consist of young men from the armyservice together with veterans.

I have seen them quite often riding the streets lately and I realized that it of course has to do with our kings sixty year old birthday celebration that is tomorrow sunday. And since this years group are pretty young they have probably been out practicing a lot.
Ah well. I don´t really care about or monarchy, but it is quite a change in the stressful tempo of the business area streets to see this.

It was a bit rainy and my camera, a canon powershot A95, is´nt the best. But they are alright I hope! See you tomorrow!

7 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Jean said...

Great shots!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Cameron said...

klippeti-kloppeti-klappeti. nice pictures, crappy weather :D

hail to the king! or what ever...

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Louise Starkey said...

Enjoy your photos and commentary.
thanks!

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Kala said...

its amazing what these powershots can do - I liked that you took the time to explain the background of the pics!

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger Nicola said...

Nice photos! Welcome from Wiesbaden and Rheingau DP.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Eric said...

I think the "klippeti-kloppeti-klappeti" was the best part of this commentary. Thanks for another great photo.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger AlexandLisa said...

The klippeti-kloppeti-klappeti comment was taken from a old memory from a lucky luke comic. I had to use it in my blog = )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Hit Counters