Monday, May 08, 2006

Subway art





Today was hot, real hot. So I took some nice and cosy pictures from one of the miniparks that we have in Stockholm. But then I changed my mind on my way home. Stockholms subwaystations are unique. In one example, they are all different, designed in their own special way. And when the hot weather hits they are a great refuge with it´s cool air.

The station you see above is my favourite one in Stockholm. Perhaps a bit biased as it´s my "home" station, but Solnas underground is fantastic. Five stations from Stockholm central it has a green landscape with different motives and a red sky painted around the whole station.

It is true art, and you will see much more from Stockholms different subways = )

For more pictures from this particular subwaystation, click here

7 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger Cameron said...

these are great pictures. i really like the second one. its surreal! the colours are very playfull.

great stuff my man. keep 'em coming :)

 
At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhhh that's amazing!!!

I love all these pictures!!! I would take subway more often (here in Italy) if we had station like this...

Is it true that subway cell phone works???


here cell phone don't works as soon you enter in the subway station....GRRRRRR!!!!

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger Cameron said...

yes, the cellphones do work. they have transmitters down there :)

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger Mark said...

This is fantastic, I have never...never seen anything like it. When we lived in London going down into the tube was one of the most depressing things to do.They should take Stockholms exemple and decorate.Great photos will be back!!

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said...

This subway pictures are probably much better than the park´s would have been. Except for Moscow's I had never seen such beatiful subway halls. Excellent work and info.

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Cynthia Quiros said...

wow beautiful!!!

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Hit Counters