Monday, May 22, 2006

Yes, we do educate future designers!


First I just want to apologize if I have´nt had time to answer comments. Feel bad about it but I´ve had so much with travel and work lately so I´ve barely been able to update the blog. Sorry!

Riding on my bike home from work (I have about six kilometres to work so I´ve started taking suicidal bikerides through the morning traffic, get more pics done then =) I noticed this.
First I was going past it, then I reacted. This is one of the royal technical university (kungliga tekniska högskolan) many facilities. What makes this picture funny is that it is here that the ARCHITECTURE education takes place =D

I just thought it was brilliant paradox. For me, such a building should be something inspiring. This building looks more at home in the old Soviet republic!
Lets just hope that the students get inspiration from looking at some of the pics the dailybloggers take = )

Apparantly the facilities within this ugly structure are of top quality. But if you ask me, they should take some of the top students and redesign the place!

4 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger Nuno said...

In this picture my attention goes to the number of bikes parked, i see you use it a lot!

 
At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree with you 100% Alex! Hope to see a new photo when they redesign the building :)

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Kris said...

well, at least the used colours for the signs :s ...

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Cameron said...

hahahah yeah, that is my thoughts aswell. this place looks like a "rat house" :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Hit Counters