Thursday, May 11, 2006

The concert house


It´s a pity I thought when I published this picture, that I did´nt have a bluer sky.
Stockholms Concerthouse is clearly light blue much more blue than the variating lights tell here. Located at Hötorget (or the haysquare directly translated) it´s a unusual but calm building. Built in 1926 for more classical concerts and even theater it´s the homeplace for more classical music. On the right you can see a paradoxical partner by the square. The cinemacentre with 14 cinemas. Makes "Hötorget" an always active area with loads of people.

It´s late and I need to sleep, but I will post some more pics of this tomorrow with a closeup on the statue you see in the middle. It´s of Orpheus, the greek tragic hero who through his music managed to salvage his wife from death but who lost her again in usual greek tragedy. More pics will be shown here

3 Comments:

At 12:41 AM, Blogger Cameron said...

nice. i really like the fist picture on your second page. looks majestyk. im serial! :)

have a good one. nice werk as always.

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger Cameron said...

yeah i agree santy. reminds me of the classic movie caligola :P

:D

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just discovered (I live in Parma but I am not from parma) that Parma's theatre (teatro Regio) has beeen one of the most important theatre for classic Opera in the past...maybe I should post a pic of the theatre too in the next days... :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Hit Counters