Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Gustav II Adolf




This statue may look a bit boring, but it depicts a important person in swedish history. More interesting though is the place where it stands...

But lets begin by telling who the fellow on the horseback is!
Gustav II Adolf was the king of Sweden from 1611 until 1632 when he died at the battle at Lützen, Germany, during the thirtyyear war.
You can read more about him (in english) at Wikipedia.

He stands at the Gustav II Adolf square which is the "zero point" in Stockholm. All distances to Stockholm itself are measured from this square which, even if it is quite anonymous, makes it a very interesting place and point.

1 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello everybody,
a lot of the people that I know get their vacation from their job in the summer months, but myself, I have to my job the whole summer. Now my so long waited vacation period is arrived also for me. This time I wanna travel to Asia. In these moment I have a travel website always opened to look for airport bangkok hotel near . I am gonna fly to Bangkok and then I will find out how to go on. I am alone, so the world is my oister.
ciao,
Sam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Hit Counters