Saturday, June 17, 2006

A simple sign


As shown in april in this blog when I showed you our Raoul Wallenberg monument Swedes are generally extremly poor when it comes to saluting someone great.
Olof Palme, our murdered primeminister, is no different with this sign lying on the pavement showing the place where he got murdered back in 1986.
In the background you can see the stairs that the killer ran up and the entrance to the Brunkebergs tunnel which I´ve showed you the past week.

Personally I feel it is a crying shame that this is the only "monument" after Palme. Even if you did´nt share his political views he did quite a lot of work for the political scene in the world. But I guess that´s the bad thing with us swedes. We´re not supposed to get tributes. And if we do get it it´s in the form of a simple sign that dogs shit and people walk on.

5 Comments:

At 2:08 AM, Blogger Kala said...

interesting post - this is like a forensic/cultural/political feast of information - Having met a bunch of swedes in the past two years - with a couple of them staying at my house - one for two months, the culture is a little different from ours, but they were always very courteous. One swede was in the summer olympics for kayaking.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

That is really sad, one thing we are very good in the US is building monuments, maybe there are TOO many in my city! (Indianapolis)

By the way I love your blog as I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Sweden! Maybe someday.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

- I liked it so much that I used the same template! haha

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. President's scholarship russia Umd bulldogs boys summer hockey camp http://www.scholarshipnews.info/Jeep-cherokee-throttle-cable-stuck.html amazing hockey shots topamax and co2 Dishwasher kenmore repair hockey stick wax my preggo belly picture white women interracial

 
At 3:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Hit Counters