Sunday, September 17, 2006

Voting time


Today was the third sunday of september. And every fourth year on this day we do one thing in Sweden. We vote. As you could see from my pre-vote post a week ago Sweden has been very active lately in the run up.
The usual scandals, arguments, fights and once again scandals that you are accustomed to in politics have of course been there = )
Anyway, this is how it looked at my votingoffice and in thousands of others around Sweden. You have your votepapers. You get envelopes for each vote. And then you vote!

The votes are still being counted but everything shows that Sweden will have a shift in power for the next four years from the social democrats, left wing party and enviromental party that we´ve had for nearly 12 years.
I´m happy because I think it´s good =)

Back to bed, got to get rid of that cold that´s still harrassing me...

7 Comments:

At 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

even you poll stations look stylish, how do you do it?
hope the things change for better after the elections.

get well soon.

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Jing said...

:)
strange way to poll as i see. It looks very different from those in China. Anyway in our country, the politics is different...so lets talk about the style.
:D
the way looks cool...:D look like a kind of magic display~~

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Denton said...

What a great idea to share a view of your voting practices. The booths look very similar to those used in my home here in the US. However, as Jing indicated they are much different from Shanghai.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

That could be here on voting day easy! We have elections in November I will have to remember to take my camera! I like this shot...and hopefully if I am understanding I think you got your change!

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I have heard that elections are supposed to be very close this year in Sweden. Many Americans know what that is like.

I hope for the best for your country.

 
At 3:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
In Belgium the voting happens with computers, not with papers in envelopes.
We have elections in october this year and next year we have elections for the government.

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger AlexandLisa said...

It´s seems that there is some similarities to the US regarding voting, although I have kind of feeling that our voting ballots dont cause as much controversy... = )

Bram: Computervoting? Sounds easy yet boring. I don´t know, call me traditional but I kind of like the feeling of crossing my ballots, putting them into a envelope and getting them registered.
But I guess you perhaps get more people to vote that way! = )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Hit Counters